Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Andrew's Group's Compo.

I was on my daily jog. Everything was going as routine when I heard a girl crying. I peered behind the bush and saw a girl that could not be older than three years old. She was clutching her knee and sobbing. There was a wound on her leg.
Beads of perspiration ran down my forehead as I pondered on my choices. I could bring the girl to the hospiital, or I could feign ignorance and go away. There were several people congregating around the girl, but they adopted the "Bystander's Theory" and just stood rooted to the ground, doing nothing. The wound was beeding profusely as I pulled out my handphone and dialled for an ambulance. A shrill scream pierced the morning air as a new spasm of pain ran down the girl's leg.
A chill ran down my spine. I decided to make a tourniquet for the girl. I found a piece of cloth on the ground and tied it around the girl's thighs.
A few minutes later, the ambulance arrived. I helped the girl onto the stretcher. I was indesicive on what to do next. I decided to go with the girl in the end, in case they needed information.
When we arrived at the hospital, the nurses pushed her to a ward. A doctor came to me and asked,"How did she get injured?" A thousand possibilities raced through my mind. I had no idea as well. "It appears that she has fractured her kneecap." I was spellbound. That was she screamed so loudly.
I could not help but feel sorry for her.

3 comments: