Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Composition_ Alex's Group

I set off at 6.30am, taking a full ten minutes to get in my jogging equipment. The dark blue sky had purple tinges staining the edges of the vast horizon, slowly creeping, consuming the darkness. The air was cool and crisp, dew dripping from the trees at my height, and towering over me. As I increased my pace, I stepped off the pavement and onto the damp grass, sweet dew coating my shoes, a few drops condensing on my shin, mingling with my sweat. My shoes hit the pavement once again.
As I resumed my pace, fresh air filled my lungs, rejuvenating me entirely. Gone were all traces of drowsiness and I thought I felt my muscles screaming, I greatly treasured this refreshing moment. As I was jogging in a jovial mood throughout the entire jog if something would not have got the better of my mind.
I heard someone sobbing pitifully behind the bushes. As I was curious, I went over to take a peek and saw a pitiful girl wailing. In then squeezed myself through the bushes to have a better sight and was shocked to see her bruised arms. "My god!" I almost blurted out. For a moment, i was speechless by the unfathomable sight. "Why would there be a girl here?" She had evidently been battered savagely, and her hair was dishevelled, looking like something out of one of those poverty-genre films, those with orphaned girls living in a cardboard box.
"You... you okay?" I asked tentatively. She lifted her head, revealing those huge, sorrowful eyes which were blackened around them. One cheek was red and swollen. More than that- it revealed the insignia of her primary school, a school in the neighbourhood, not far from the park. So she was wearing a school uniform- I had not noticed before. "Can you stand?"
I must have been something like those nice-looking kidnappers in the TV shows, so she seemed unsure if she should trust me. I held out my hand. She hesitated, then took it. I pulled her up. Her grip ironically strong for the small, weak hands and thin arms. She nodded her thanks, but remained wary. "What happened to you?" I looked away, a little awkward even though time was not the moment. "Who... who are you?"
She answered, but it was weak and as thin as her arms. "Shannon." She looked distraught all of a sudden, as if she could not believe she had just revealed that precious shard of information. "You need to head for the cops?" Seeing the distraught expression turn to fear, I quickly corrected myself." "The police station! The police station!"
Shannon was suspicious, afraid. I did not blame her. So me stood there, waiting for something to come break the air of fear and suspicion.

No comments:

Post a Comment