Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ashruff's group

The sky was a delightful expanse of azure blue. I was jogging around the park in high spirits, experiencing the beauty of Mother Nature. Enjoying the scenery of the fluffy clouds, smelling the aroma of the flowers, hearing someone sobbing. That was not nature, I looked around with my ears pricked up, trying to listen where the source of the sobbing was coming from. Suddenly, in the corner of my eye, I spotted a gargantuan bush shaking wildly. Curiosity got the better of me, so I peeped into the bush and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.....
"Stop! What do you think you are doing?" I exclaimed, just in time to stop a pretty teenage girl from slitting her wrists with a penknife. She dropped the penknife with a startle and turned her head ninety degrees towards me. She got up like a bullet from her crossed leg posture and bolted deeper into the park. I darted towards her to give chase. I thought to myself "Wow, she's a fast runner. I am impressed! But now was not the time to compliment on her speed. I got to track her down before she harms herself! Anyway, I am a police officer." We were already deep in the forest. i got to catch her before we went deeper into the park. With one big step, I pounced on her to stop her from running. I grabbed her by her skinny arm and we toppled onto the ground. She fought hard to break free from my death grip. Then, she stopped struggling. " Give up? Okay, tell me why did you want to do that stupid thing just now. Step by step." I acclaimed. I loosened my grip and allowed her to sit on a wooden log near us.
She took in a deep breathe and released it. She took in a heavy sigh and started her story. I stopped her before she told her story. " Why are those bruises everywhere on your body?" I asked, my tension getting higher and adrenaline rushing faster by the seconds. She did not query and started her story. " My mother was nearing divorce with my father and my mother began to fall sick. It was a serious illness and she died shortly after. My father then started gambling and also a heavy drunkard. He started abusing me everyday and this is how I got my bruises and cuts. I became stressed, so i decided to ran away from home. Finally, I got into this situation- killing myself," she finished with a pitiful tone. A feel of sympathy lingered around me. Anxiety coursed through my veins. My mind was boggling about what I can do to help her. " I think I should adopt you. I live alone and wish for someone to accompany me. If you do not agree, I can send you to an orphanage." I said. After cracking her brain, the girl accepted my invitation of adopting her. " My name is Erin, I am thirteen," she introduced. I welcomed her and also introduced myself.
From then on, i sent her to school, bought her clothes, accessories and many others. I promised to her that i would take care of her until the end of my life. Now, I do not feel as lonely as the previous tine, as there is someone to entertain me to fill my empty heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment