Wednesday, August 5, 2009

COMPO BY: Kiran, Shaun, Su lynn, Genie, Melissa and Shaheer

It was a picturesque morning. The gargantuan sun rose into the wide expanse of the blue sky as fluffy white clouds danced across it. Beads of pespiration trickled down my face. I could not catch my breath and my throat was dry. My shirt was soaked with sweat as i jogged through the park.
Just as I was passing by the bushes, a sob could be heard. I swiftly turned my head to the direction of the bushes where the sound was coming from. There was a girl. She had dishellved hair, with a loneliness showed in her eye which sat on a tear-stained face. Her clothes were untidy and dirty. As soon as she noticed me, she buried her face into her hands. She was a damsel in distress.
Curiousity got the better of me, and I asked," Excuse me, are you in any trouble I can help?" "Get lost! I don't need any help!" The girl shouted and continued crying. I knew that she was truamatised with fear. "Do you really want to help me?" the girl said and started to tell her story. She was troubled with family matters as her parents were filing for divorce. They were always fighting and quarrelling. They had no time for her. As a result, she became a lumpish girl. Out of the blue, an idea struck my mind- would I helping her if I called her parents to tell them that she was kidnapped and they would then come together to unite again? I told her my plan and she agreed readily. A thousand thoughts raced through my mind. I was panic stricken- how could I call them and not get into trouble? Both my heart and my mind were contradicting each other. I pondered what to do next, if i were caught. But for the girls sake, I would try my luck and wish for the best With sweaty palms, I fished out my handphone and dialled for her parents.
"Hello? are these the parents of May? She has been kidnapped. if you ever want to see her again, got to the park now."
At the other endd of the line, i could hear her parents sobbing. both feeling ashamed of themselves. then the line went dead. I could only asume that they were on their way. In the twinkling of an eye, her parents appeared at the scene looking anxiously for their supposedly-kidnapped daughter.
"Mommy! Daddy!" Upon seeing their daughter safe, tears filled their eyes and as if on a cue. They soon forgot about their worries and troubles, reuniting as a family once again.
I felt contented from the sidelines and was on cloud nine. It was a touching and heartwarming ending indeed.

2 comments: