Wednesday, August 5, 2009

English Composition(Keith,Hui Lun,Zhi Xin,Chew Sher Mein,Jesslyn & Jamie)

The day dawned crisp and clear. The moment I opened my sleepy eyes and saw the fine weather, I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to go jogging.
In an hour, I had changed and gulped down a cup of hot milk to give me the energy boost. I walked down to the park and got ready to jog. I took a deep breath and began jogging.
After jogging for an hour, I stopped for a rest at the park bench. I bought an energy drink and had not gotten ahny further than the first sip when a faint, distant crying was heard from a bush. My curiosity mounting, I parted the bush to reveal the silhoutte of a small girl, who was sobbing miserably. Peplexed, I walked to her and asked why was she crying so profusely.
The girl pointed to a body of a woman nearby.Fear strangled my throat. I gasped when I saw how horribly mutilated an incapitated she was. Deep gashes had been made with a knife across her limbs, and the mortal wound was a slash across her throat.
I gathered my wits and turned round to face the young girl. However, she had mysteriously disappeared into the shadows of the bushes. I called the police at once. I could not do anything but cover the woman's face, which was twisted into a pained expression of agony in respect.
The policemen dutifully came and carried the woman's body away. One of the policemen came and interviewed me. "It's a real pity," he said. "The woman's daughter only died a month ago." He took out a photograph. "This was her daughter." All the color drained from my face. I staggered back and began a full sprint back home.
When I reached home, I told my mother all about it. My mother disbelieved me, thinking I was only being ridiculous. She still refused to believe me and said that i was cooking cock and bull tales.

The next day, the incident that I witnessed yesterday came out in the newspaper. Without hesitation, I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and i showed it to my mother. She was traumatized and stood rooted to the ground for a moment. The newspaper that she was holding fell onto the ground. Finally, she believed me.

Till today, I still remember this particular and unforgettable incident vividly. So did my mother. Whenever I think of it, I feel a tingling sensation in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment